These Terms set forth legally binding conditions that govern your access to and use of the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and all additional terms incorporated by reference. If you do not agree to any portion of these Terms, do not access or use the Website.
SECTION 15 CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT THAT AFFECTS HOW DISPUTES ARE RESOLVED. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
- Use. Subject to these Terms, MJ HARRIS grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, personal, limited license to use and access the Website. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the restrictions in these Terms. MJ HARRIS reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Website (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that MJ HARRIS will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Website or any part thereof.
- Restrictions. You are prohibited from using the Website: (i) for any unlawful purpose; (ii) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (iii) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (iv) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (v) to cause or launch any programs, spiders, robots, or scripts or other automatic or manual devices or processes for the purpose of extracting, scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Website, or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of the Website; (vi) to attempt to gain unauthorized access to or impair any aspect of the Website, or the related systems, servers, or networks; (vii) for resale, time-sharing or other similar purposes; (viii) to stalk, harass or harm another individual; (ix) to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; (x) to use any portion of the Website in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression, attribution or statement as to us or any other person or entity; or (xi) to decompile, reverse engineer, jeopardize the correct functioning of the Website, disassemble the Website, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software that enables or underlies the Website, except as may be permitted by applicable law.
- Website Content. The Website is provided to you as a convenience and for your information only. Your use of the Website is at your own risk. MJ HARRIS does not warrant or represent that: (i) any materials, documents, recommendations, images, graphics, shareable links, design, audio, video, and any other information provided from on the Website (collectively, the “Website Content”) is accurate or complete; (ii) the Website Content is up-to-date or current; (iii) MJ HARRIS has any obligation to update the Website Content; (iv) the Website Content is free from technical inaccuracies or programming or typographical errors; (v) the Website Content is free from changes caused by a third party; (vi) your access to the Website will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components; or (vii) any information obtained in response to questions asked through the Website is accurate or complete.
- User Feedback. The Website may now or in the future permit you to upload or post to the Website or otherwise submit to us in various forms of content, such as reviews, ratings, feedback, questions, comments, and suggestions (collectively, “User Feedback”). We do not claim ownership in your User Feedback. However, by submitting any User Feedback, you hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to MJ HARRIS an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and fully-paid license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Feedback in any manner MJ HARRIS deems appropriate. You will not have or obtain any rights in or to any form, media, or technology incorporating any of your User Feedback. You agree that you will not submit to MJ HARRIS any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. You further acknowledge that MJ HARRIS will be entitled to unrestricted use of the User Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial, or otherwise. You are solely responsible for your User Feedback and assume all risks associated with your User Feedback, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness, or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of User Feedback that personally identifies you or a third party. MJ HARRIS cannot guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Feedback. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Feedback, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person.
- Financial and Insurance Disclaimer. MJ HARRIS is not a licensed insurance agency or broker and does not provide insurance quotes or issue insurance coverage in accordance with applicable law. The information provided by MJ HARRIS is not intended to take the place of professional advice from a licensed insurance provider or agent (a “Provider”). We recommend you consult with a licensed Provider before purchasing any insurance policy. We do not sell any insurance or bind coverage on our Website; instead, we provide a venue through which you can obtain information and connect with Providers that sell insurance and other authorized products. You acknowledge that we are not an insurance agency or broker. We do not, and will not, make any coverage decision with any Provider. MJ HARRIS is not an agent or advisor to you or any Provider. MJ HARRIS’s services are only administrative.
We do not endorse or recommend that the products or services of any Provider. You agree you will rely on your own judgment and research independent of any communications or information you receive from MJ HARRIS in deciding which available product, terms, and Provider best suits your needs and financial situation. We do not validate or investigate the licensing, certification, or other requirements and qualifications of Providers. It is your responsibility to investigate Providers. You acknowledge and agree that Providers are solely responsible for any services that they may provide to you and that we are not liable for any losses, costs, damages or claims in connection with, arising from, or related to, your use of a Provider’s products or services. We urge you to obtain the advice of financial advisors, insurance agents, or other qualified professionals who are fully aware of your individual circumstances before you make any financial decisions.
We do not make any warranties or representations regarding the quotes, fees, terms, rates, coverage, or services offered or made available by Providers. We do not guarantee that quotes, fees, terms, rates, coverage, or services offered by Providers are the best available. You hereby release us of any and all losses, costs, damages or claims in connection with, arising from or related to your use of a Provider’s products or services, including any fees charged by a Provider. We do not guarantee acceptance into any particular program, product, or specific terms or conditions with any Provider. Providers may not offer all products as well as not offer products in all states. You might not be matched with the Provider making any specific offer.
You agree that MJ HARRIS shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of a Provider’s services or your interactions with any Provider.
- Requests For Insurance Estimates. When you submit a request for an estimate, you are indicating your desire to be contacted by Providers and you are providing prior express written consent for MJ HARRIS, its affiliates, and Providers to deliver to you calls, and/or or SMS messages, including for marketing purposes, using an automated telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice to the telephone number you have provided. You understand that you are providing this consent to receive such telephone calls even if your telephone number is currently listed on any federal, state, local, internal, or Do-Not-Call (“DNC”) Lists. You understand that you are not required to consent to receive these communications as a condition of using MJ HARRIS’s services. If you do not want Providers to provide you with insurance estimates, then you should not submit a request. You can opt-out of this information sharing at any time at Do Not Sell My Personal Information www.MJ HARRISAdelson.com/Privacy
You consent to receive emails from MJ HARRIS, its affiliates, and Providers at the email address you provided. You hereby consent to any such email, so it will not be considered spam or unauthorized by any local, state or federal law or regulation. You agree that the consents described herein shall remain valid and in effect until you revoke them by opting out as described below.
- Marketing Communications.
- SMS. If you elect to receive automated SMS marketing messages from MJ HARRIS, these messages will be sent to the telephone number provided during the time of your opt-in. Consent is not a condition to receive quotes and/or or purchase. Message and data rates may apply. To opt-out of these marketing messages, reply ‘STOP’ to any SMS message from MJ HARRIS. When you opt-out, you will receive an additional SMS message confirming your decision to opt-out.
- Email. To opt-out of email communications, you may click the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Website or any assistance you request.
- Provider Communications. You agree to notify any Provider directly if you no longer want to receive communications (telephone, SMS, or otherwise) from them. You further agree that MJ HARRIS is not responsible for a Provider’s failure to follow your instructions to stop contacting you.
- Insurance Training.
- Term. MJ HARRIS offers insurance training content (“Training”) through its Website on a subscription basis.
- Fees. To subscribe to the Training, You are required to pay $54.00 USD and taxes on a monthly basis (the “Fees”). MJ HARRIS may increase the Fees applicable to the Training by providing You with notice thereof, including by email, at least thirty (30) calendar days prior to such increase. Except as otherwise specified herein, Fees are non-cancellable, non-creditable, and non-refundable.
- Taxes. You are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, duties, assessments, including but not limited to value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessed or collected by any governmental body related to the Training.
- Free Trial. Initially, MJ HARRIS will make the Training available to you on a trial basis free of charge for thirty (30) calendar days. The thirty (30) calendar day trial commences upon enrollment. Once your trial ends, You will be billed monthly subscription Fees in accordance with Section 8(a). To avoid monthly subscription Fees, You must cancel your trial by calendar day twenty-five (25) by completing the form using the information you used to sign up at www.CancelMJHarrisMembership.com
- Billing. Fees are billed to You on a recurring monthly basis. The Fees will be automatically billed to Your payment method on file each month unless You cancel in accordance with this Section 8(g). If You fail to pay any Fees due, MJ HARRIS reserves the right to terminate Your access to the insurance training services immediately.
- Payment. You will pay all Fees using the payment method designated and supported by MJ HARRIS. MJ HARRIS utilizes a third-party payment processor to collect and process payment for the Fees. To make a payment, MJ HARRIS will transfer You to our payment processor’s network through which all payments are processed. You agree to provide accurate and complete payment information so that MJ HARRIS and MJ HARRIS’s payment processor can complete Your payment. By providing a payment method, You represent that: (i) You are authorized to use the provided payment method; (ii) the payment method information is true and accurate; and (iii) You authorize MJ HARRIS to charge You using the provided payment method.
- Cancellation. Your access to the insurance training is offered monthly and shall automatically renew for successive one (1) month period, unless terminated. You may cancel your access to the Training at any time before renewal. To avoid renewal, You must cancel two (2) calendar days prior to the next monthly billing cycle by completing the form using the information you used to sign up at www.CancelMJHarrisMembership.com. Upon cancellation, You will retain access to the Training through the period covered by Your last payment. You are not entitled to a refund for any unused days in a particular billing cycle.
- Intellectual Property. Excluding any User Feedback that you may provide, you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade secrets in the Website and Website Content are owned by MJ HARRIS. Neither these Terms, nor your access to or use of the Website, transfers to you or any third-party any rights, title, or interest in or to such intellectual property rights. MJ HARRIS reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
- NO WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE, TRAINING, AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND MJ HARRIS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE OR WEBSITE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, SUCCESSFUL, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, TRAINING, OR WEBSITE CONTENT, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT AN INSURANCE PROVIDER AND AGREE THAT WE ARE SOLELY AN INTERMEDIARY BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH PROVIDERS AND, THEREFORE, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY SUCH PROVIDERS.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless MJ HARRIS (and its employees, service providers, affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, and agents) from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, proceedings, liabilities, judgments, losses, damages, expenses, and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) assessed or incurred by us, directly or indirectly, with respect to or arising out of: (i) your violation of these Terms; (ii) your use of the Website, Training, or Website Content; (iii) your violation of applicable laws, regulations, or a third-party’s rights; (iv) your User Feedback; and (v) your willful misconduct, fraud, or negligence. MJ HARRIS reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of MJ HARRIS. MJ HARRIS will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MJ HARRIS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, TRAINING, OR WEBSITE CONTENT, EVEN IF MJ HARRIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE WEBSITE, TRAINING, AND WEBSITE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR BUSINESS, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. MJ HARRIS’S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, TRAINING, AND THE WEBSITE CONTENT WILL BE THE TERMINATION OF YOUR RIGHT TO USE OR ACCESS THE WEBSITE. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Termination. The Terms will remain in full force and effect while you access and use the Website. We may suspend or terminate your right to use the Website at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Website in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your right to access and use the Website will terminate immediately. MJ HARRIS will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your account.
- Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms, the Website, or Website Content will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law principles. Subject to Section 15 (Arbitration) below, you agree that any claim asserted in any legal proceeding shall be commenced and maintained exclusively in any state or federal court located in Los Angeles County, California, having subject matter jurisdiction, with respect to any action arising in connection with these Terms, the Website, or Website Content. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. In any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms, the Website, or Website Content, the prevailing party will be entitled to attorneys’ fees and expenses (except as otherwise provided in Section 15 below.)
- Notice of Dispute and Opportunity to Resolve. For any problem, claim, or dispute that you may have with MJ HARRIS, these Terms, the Website, or Website Content (a “Dispute”), you acknowledge and agree that you will first give MJ HARRIS a good faith opportunity to resolve the Dispute informally. This includes you first sending a Notice of Dispute, which is a written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the Dispute, and a proposed solution. You must send any Notice of Dispute by U.S. Mail to: MJ Harris Financial Services, 2950 North Loop West Suite 500 - #773 Houston, TX 77092. If for some reason your Dispute is not resolved satisfactorily within sixty (60) calendar days after MJ HARRIS’s receipt of your Notice of Dispute, you agree to the further dispute resolution provisions below. This Section 15 survives expiration or termination of these Terms for any reason.
- Small Claims Court. You may litigate any Dispute in small claims court in Los Angeles, California if the Dispute meets all the requirements to be heard in small claims court. You may litigate in small claims court whether or not you negotiated informally first.
- Binding Arbitration. YOU AND MJ HARRIS AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND MJ HARRIS IN INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION IF IT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY INFORMAL NEGOTIATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO: (I) THE WEBSITE, (II) THESE TERMS, OR (III) THE WEBSITE CONTENT. However, this Section 15 does not apply to claims of infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights, including such claims seeking injunctive relief, which you or MJ HARRIS may bring in any court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with Section 14. An arbitration is a proceeding before a neutral arbitrator instead of before a judge or jury. You understand that you and MJ HARRIS are giving up the right to litigate (or participate in as a party or class member) all Disputes in court before a judge or jury. Instead, all Disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator. Any court with jurisdiction over the parties may enforce the arbitrator’s award. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW BINDING ARBITRATION TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE PROVISION WILL APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Arbitration shall be initiated through and conducted by the Arbitration Association (the AAA). The arbitration will be governed by the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (or the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules, if the Consumer Arbitration rules are inapplicable), as modified by these Terms. The arbitrator is bound by these Terms. You may request a telephonic or in-person hearing by following the applicable AAA rules. Any Disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For Disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within 100 miles of your residence, unless you reside outside of the United States, and unless the parties agree otherwise. If you reside outside of the United States., the arbitrator shall give the parties reasonable notice of the date, time, and place of any oral hearings. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the arbitrator.
This Section 15 does not prevent you from bringing your Dispute to the attention of any federal, state, or local government regulators or agencies that the law allows to seek relief from us for you.
- Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance-based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Section 15.
- Timing. To the extent permitted by law, any claim or Dispute under this agreement must be filed within one (1) year in small claims court, or in an arbitration proceeding. The one (1) year period begins when the Dispute first could be filed, or the Notice of Dispute first could be given to MJ HARRIS. If a Dispute isn’t filed within one (1) year, it’s permanently barred.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND MJ HARRIS AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND MJ HARRIS IN ANY FORUM WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. YOU AND MJ HARRIS AGREE NOT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION, REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, WHISTLE BLOWER ACTION, OR IN ANY CLASS, COLLECTIVE, OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION, EVEN IF THE AAA RULES WOULD OTHERWISE ALLOW ONE. NO ARBITRATION OR PROCEEDING WILL BE COMBINED WITH ANOTHER WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF ALL PARTIES TO ALL AFFECTED ARBITRATIONS OR PROCEEDINGS. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION PROCEEDINGS TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE PROVISION WILL APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. You and MJ HARRIS also agree not to seek to combine any action or arbitration with any other action or arbitration without the consent of all parties to these Terms and all other actions or arbitrations. A court has exclusive authority to rule on any claim or argument that these Terms permit class, collective, or representative arbitration.
- Severability. If any part of this Section 15 is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect, except that if a finding of partial illegality or unenforceability would allow class, collective, or representative arbitration, all of Section 15 will be unenforceable and the Dispute will be resolved in court.
- Age Restriction. You affirm that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or an emancipated minor, and are fully able and competent to enter into these Terms and abide by and comply with these Terms.
- Electronic Communications. By using the Website, you consent to receive electronic communications from MJ HARRIS unless you follow applicable opt-out procedures. MJ HARRIS will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
- Third-Party Links. The Website may include links content provided by third parties (“Third-Party Content”). Third-Party Content is provided for your convenience and information only. Third-Party Content is not under the control of MJ HARRIS and MJ HARRIS is not responsible for any Third-Party Content. The inclusion of Third-Party Content does not imply endorsement, affiliation, partnership, or sponsorship by MJ HARRIS. Use of any Third-Party Content is at your own risk.
- Local Laws. MJ HARRIS makes no representation that the Website or Website Content is appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside the United States. Access to the Website from jurisdictions where such access is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Website from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. The Website may be subject to United States export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, re-export, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any United States technical data acquired from the Website, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Miscellaneous. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and MJ HARRIS regarding the Website and Website Content. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terns shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Changes. MJ HARRIS may revise these Terms or the Website, or stop providing the Website, at any time and without notice to you. MJ HARRIS encourages you to review these Terms frequently (the date of the most recent revision to these Terms appears at the top of these Terms). Your continued access to or use of the Website after such posting constitutes your consent to be bound by the Terms, as amended.
- Contact. For questions on these Terms, please contact MJ HARRIS at:
MJ Harris Financial Services, Inc.
2950 North Loop West Suite 500 - #773 Houston, TX 77092
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Through your use of our Services, will collect personal information from you directly and automatically as outlined below:
- Information Collected From You
When collect personal information from you when you:
- Apply for employment: When you apply for employment with us, we will collect your identifiers (name, email address, physical address, telephone number) and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, educational history). We use this personal information to assess and manage your application, to communicate with you, and as necessary to comply with the law.
- Contact us: When you contact us, we collect your identifiers (name, email address, telephone number) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries and address any issues you may have.
- Register for our insurance sales course: To register for our insurance sales course, we will collect your identifiers (name, email address, physical address, telephone number, selected password) and your payment information (card number, CVV, expiration date). We use this personal information to facilitate your registration, provide you access to the course, and to process your payment. Please note our payment processor collects and processes your payment information directly on our behalf and MJ Harris Financial only maintains historical payment information.
- Request an estimate: To request an estimate for life insurance, we collet your identifiers (name, age, telephone number, email address). We use this personal information to connect you with insurance providers to facilitate your request for estimates.
- Subscribe to our mailing list: If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your identifiers (email address) to fulfil your request. You may opt-out of these communications at any time.
MJ Harris Financial may also use your information collected for the above purposes for the limited circumstances described in INFORMATION SHARING.
- Information Collected Automatically (Cookies)
In addition to the personal information you provide, we also collect information automatically via cookies as you use the Website. This information includes the following internet and other electronic network activity information:
- Usage information: This includes information about your interaction with the Website, such as pages visited, frequency of access, time spent on each page, and referring website details.
- Location information: This includes information about your location, which may be determined by your IP address.
- Device information: This includes information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
To collect this information, we use necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies. We use the collected information to: (i) conduct analytics to improve the Website and enhance user experience; (ii) conduct targeted interest-based advertising and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; (iii) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (iv) diagnose Website errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse; and (v) remember your preferences. Particular cookies on our Website to note include:
Our emails also contain cookies and other technologies, provided by Mailchimp, to gain valuable insight into behavior of email recipients. With the help of these technologies, we can analyze the actions taken by recipients, such as opens and clicks, in order to better adapt and distribute our emails. To produce this information, Mailchimp collects your internet and other electronic network activity information, such as IP address, time of retrieval, browser type, and operating type. You can disable this tracking at any time by disabling automatic loading of images in your email program.
MJ Harris Financial will share your personal information in the following instances:
- Within MJ Harris Financial: We share your personal information within MJ Harris Financial in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our organization, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, we would share your personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- With service providers: In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your identifiers and internet and other electronic network activity information with service providers that assist us in providing our Services. These service providers include our IT support, payment processor, email and text message provider, email management system provider, and our lead management system provider.
- With IT: In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your internet and other electronic network activity information to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, identify and repair Website errors, and to update, maintain, and improve the Website.
- For a sale: In the past twelve (12) months, MJ Harris Financial has engaged in the following sales of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- MJ Harris Financial uses certain analytics and advertising cookies on the Website. These cookies collect your internet and other electronic network activity and share it with the data analytics and advertising partners that provide them. While OmniBay does not share this personal information for money, this use of your personal information may be considered a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of these cookies, visit our cookie management platform https://www.cognitoforms.com/mjharrisfinancialservicesinc/mjharrisoptoutnotificationform
- MJ Harris Financial sells your personal identifiers as leads to insurance companies for their marketing and business purposes. These business purposes include providing you with an estimate for insurance services. You can opt-out of this sharing by visiting Do Not Sell My Personal Information https://www.cognitoforms.com/mjharrisfinancialservicesinc/mjharrisoptoutnotificationform
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain of your personal information. To submit a request to opt-out, contact us at [email protected]. Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line of your message.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants certain rights to California residents. If our processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to access: You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding twelve (12) months. You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period.
- Right to deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to opt-out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. MJ Harris Financial does not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of sixteen (16) years.
- Right to non-discrimination: You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, you may submit via email at [email protected] or through our interactive webform https://www.cognitoforms.com/mjharrisfinancialservicesinc/mjharrisoptoutnotificationform To opt-out of the sale of your personal information, please visit Do Not Sell My Personal Information https://www.cognitoforms.com/mjharrisfinancialservicesinc/mjharrisoptoutnotificationform .
For requests submitted via telephone and email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Services or any assistance you request. To opt-out of receiving SMS marketing communications from us, you can reply ‘STOP’ to any of our SMS communications.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT).
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. These security measures include access controls and encryption. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
MJ Harris Financial Services, Inc.
2950 North Loop West Suite 500 - #773 Houston, TX 77092